On this episode of the At the Helm podcast:
Pamela Slim, author of the new book Body of Work, joins host Alaia Williams to talk about the changing world of work, how to find your common threads, tell your story, build your credibility and get the results you want.
Pamela Slim is an award-winning author, speaker and leader in the new world of work. She spent the first 10 years of her solo practice as a consultant to large corporations such as Hewlett-Packard, Charles Schwab and Cisco Systems, where she worked with thousands of employees, managers and executives. In 2005, she started the Escape from Cubicle Nation blog, which is now one of the top career and business sites on the web. She has coached thousands of budding entrepreneurs, in businesses ranging from martial art studios to software start ups. Her new book, Body of Work, will be released with Penguin Portfolio on December 31, 2013. Pam can be found on the web at pamelaslim.com and escapefromcublenation.com
What you’ll learn:
- How Pam defines “body of work.”
- What inspired Pam to write Body of Work
- Why Pam is “work mode agnostic”
- How to look at your work in the right light – whether you’re an employee or a business owner
- How the world of work has changed – and continues to evolve
- What to focus on when thinking about your work.
- What it means to Pam to be at the helm.
Did you enjoy the episode? Let us know!:
Leave a rating and review on iTunes (We’ll love you forever!)